NOTE: If this is your first time visiting my site WELCOME! I'm the Founder of a digital movement for Black Creatives, the social media strategist for a national publication, and an advocate for underrepresented groups in the digital space. I love God, writing, Jay-Z and tacos and will be sharing my thoughts on personal and professional development, social media and more.
"Essentially, our fear of power is our fear of becoming who we really are. This fear keeps us settling for less instead of striving for more, shrinking to fit rather than playing full out, clinging to safety to avoid taking the leap."
- Barbara Stanny, Sacred Success: A Course In Financial Miracles
I decided that this month's theme of focus will be my direct response to fear. Fear of what, exactly? Fear of new territories, new levels and an improved (close to new) version of myself. During the first half of this year, my responsibilities have grown, my platform has expanded in a way that wasn't planned for, and thanks to devoting more time to self-care and self-awareness, I'm learning new things about myself everyday.
Change is scary. Anytime you're confronting something new, fear will come. Inspired by my #blkcreatives call with Tracy G, I'm learning to befriend it. It's time to push down on the pedal and keep myself in tact by focusing on my mission, my capabilities, and my purpose.
What I'm Looking Forward To In June
- Effective planning. I'm learning more and more about what works and what doesn't work for me and this month I'm putting that into action. The #1 key to effective planning? Giving yourself the time and space to plan for the plan. (More on that later)
- Updating services and offerings as a social media professional. This page will be updated throughout the month, stay tuned.
- More #blkcreatives building. As I'm spending more time on building a team and really understanding the backend of the brand, we're also creating content and experiences for our audience while building new partnerships. Learn more about my site for Black Creatives here.
- Producing more original content. Not only will I be blogging more on my site but I'll also be working on a few content based passion projects that I'm really excited about. The writer in me needs an outlet, so I'm creating one.
- MAJOR NEWS ALERT. I'm attending The White House Summit on the United State of Women June 14th in Washington DC!
Convened by the White House, this Summit will rally together a remarkable group of women to celebrate what we've achieved, and how we're going to take action moving forward. I'm BEYOND honored to be attending and can't wait to share my experience. If you're also attending, tweet me and let's connect!
Top Tools For The Month
- Emmelie De La Cruz's Make Yourself Marketable Personal Branding Planner. Now that I have more clarity around my purpose, it's time to officially put her amazingness to use.
- Getting my personal finances are a priority every month for me so using Tonya Rapley's My Fab Financial Planner is a staple.
- Sprout Social is my personal favorite for social media management and planning. I love all things Sprout Social, so expect to see the company mentioned often here.
Affirmations For The Month
I am focused on the call that God has placed on my life.
I am focused on bringing structure and order into my life.
I walk in abundance, all of my needs are met.
I move from poverty thinking and my finances reflect this change.
I am intentional about sewing because God will be intentional about my success.
I am my biggest cheerleader.